Hundreds of volunteers are needed at the Rockwall County Balloon Festival before, during and after the event. In return volunteers will receive free admission, close-up parking, free water and a free Rockwall County Balloon Festival T-shirt.
Non-profit organizations which provide volunteers can also earn money for their efforts. Modeled after another highly successful DFW-area balloon festival, the Rockwall County Balloon Festival will split 15 percent of the net proceeds from our two-day event with each non-profit that provides volunteers, based upon the number of volunteer hours they fulfill. These non-profits can also have a free 10′ x 11′ booth space, from which they can sell food, drinks or merchandise to earn even more money.
Non-profits which do not provide volunteers can also purchase a 10′ x 11′ booth space (or larger) for half-price (starting at $150) and sell food, drinks or merchandise.
All food vendors must pay 20 percent of their gross sales to the Rockwall County Balloon Festival within three days of the close of our Festival so we can make our 2017 event even bigger and better. The amount you pay is based upon the honor system. If we feel you have paid too little, then we will not invite you back next year.
The City of Fate requires that all food vendors obtain a $75 Temporary Food Vendor permit by at least Nov. 3. Email Annetta Nabors at email@example.com.
Prior to our Festival, volunteers are needed to help organize and promote our event by:
- Passing out fliers at other community events
- Telling people about our Festival in person
- Selling Rockwall County Balloon Festival T-shirts
- Promoting the Festival using social media
- Much more
During the Festival, volunteers are needed to:
- Greet Festival visitors & provide information
- Sell tickets & collect money
- Direct visitors to vehicle parking
- Assist visitors to ride shuttle buses Saturday evening
- Assist balloonists with unpacking, firing up & taking down balloons
- Supervise Kids’ Zone rides & protect children
- Assist handicapped, seniors & whomever needs help
- Assist food & merchandise vendors
- Much more
After the Festival, volunteers are needed to:
- Pick up trash
- Assist vendors to pack up
- Assist visitors to use shuttle buses
- Take down equipment
- Much more
The Festival is most appreciative of the hundreds of volunteers who will come out to the festival; work one shift, two, or the entire weekend; meet new people and have a great time. We couldn’t have such an awesome event without you!
If you’d like to register your non-profit, club or as an individual, please contact Festival Director & The Rockwall News Owner/Publisher J.J. Smith, 214-317-1718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up Today to be part of the fun!